5.24.2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Hmmph.... Memorial Day.... what does it all mean? Well this great day/weekend for many people is the first weekend of summer and its a nice 3 day weekend. Well it is all of that but its also a day to remember the many men and women that have fallen to make our country the way it is. Without them this country would not be the way it is. It is also a time to remember all our troops now, and no matter what you think of what they are doing and the reasons they are there we need to support them. Without our support they will never come home, which is what we all want them to do is to COME HOME.



Well now I will stop ranting and say what I originally wanted to say. Last night the Daltons and I made the 5 hour trek to Historical Nauvoo, ILL. It's the first time I have been here and it's all pretty exciting and I hope the rain holds off so we can go see all the sights. As of right now I'm watching the kids so Ryan + Christi can go to the temple.


Pictures and more to come soon.

-Andy

Pictures were stolen from the Internet

1 comment:

Tim & Alicia said...

Nauvoo is my favorite place, my second home. I have so many favorite sites too. My favorites are the Seventies Hall, Boot Makers shop, and the Brigham Young and John Taylor homes. Everyone loves the Blacksmith Shop and the Bakery too. I know you will enjoy whatever you do get to see! My parents are actually there this weekend too. I think we might have joined them, if we didn't have this branch picnic. We'll miss you guys! Have fun!